Tuesday, December 21, 2010

noon has a whole new meaning

I decided to treat myself to a full night of uninterrupted, well deserved sleep. I left the kids at the sitters tonight, instead of going to pick them up or just staying the night over at the sitters house. I made it home at 1:20 am after driving an hour and forty minutes in snow and freezing rain. It normally takes about 45 minutes to an hour in good weather...
The husband is at work until 8am, then he is going ice fishing with a friend. So that means I do not have to be up and out of this bed until....oh lets say noon! And that's even giving me some extra time to play with. Wow...i don't remember when the last time was that I actually got to stay in bed until NOON!!
As I got into bed though...(yes I am blogging from bed, in the dark) I felt lonely for my babies :(
I actually miss them! But at 6am when Nolan is demanding that cup of chocolate milk....it won't be me having to get up this time :) sorry Marilyn! Marilyn is our nanny/daycare provider who works out of her home. We love her to pieces and consider her to be family. Anyhow....i didn't miss my kids for long after I reminded myself of the 6am chocolate milk run, the 4 diaper changes, 2 of which are poopy all in a 1 hour span between 7am and 8am and then the making or preparing of breakfast, getting up to change Nolans channel every 20 minutes, or trying to protect Madalynn from the holy terror himself. Just thinking about all of that makes me enjoy the quiet...the me time...the sleeping till noon...goodnight, sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home