Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 5 - A picture of somewhere I've been

Walt Disney World Florida

I have been there 2 times. Each time I had a blast and I was left with a bank full of memories!

The 1st time I went I was 13 or 14. Make A Wish Foundation sent my family (my grandmother, my dad, my brother and myself), because my little brother had Leukemia and his dying wish was to meet the Ninja Turtles. Well the only place that we could meet Donatelo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Leonardo and April was Disney MGM Studios. Make A Wish paid for our ENTIRE trip, round trip airfare, rental car, theme park tickets, Midevil Dinner Play, and even sent us away with spending cash! We stayed at a village that had condos. The fridge was stocked, the village had breakfast with the Disney Characters, and a train engine that was turned into an ice cream shop in the evenings. We went to Epcot, Sea World, MGM and Disney World. I will forever remember that trip.

My 2nd trip was in 2002. Disney had a special promotion for the United States Military, Police, and Fire Departments due to 9/11. If I remember correctly the service members had no entry fee at the Disney Parks and spouses were 1/2 off. My husband (now my ex) at the time was an active duty soldier in the Army. We decided on short notice to take a trip for the weekend and have some fun. His mom flew to Virginia to watch our then 1 year old son David for us and we took off. We used public transportation, ate continental breakfast, used the hotel shuttle, ate outside of the parks and laughed and played for 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home