Thursday, October 14, 2010

Excitement over a Trash Can

Who would think that a trash can would excite somebody? I never got excited over a trash can until today! In fact a trash can to me is dirty, stinky, full of disgusting, old and out dated food, dirty diapers, boogers, feces, blood...the list can go on.

Let me explain why I was excited to see a trash can today....

When Michael and I moved out to the country we were excited to finally be "rid" of the trash bill. I'm sure your asking where are these people going to put their trash then? The benefits of living in the country is the permission to burn. So we have a burn barrel where we burn our trash. Well that was great until...we found out that DIAPERS DO NOT BURN! That's no bueno when we have 2 children still wearing diapers. Now I'm sure you're probably asking where are these people putting the diapers? That's why we finally chose to request trash services for our "humble abode." The last 4 1/2 months we've been having to put the diapers in a grocery bag, then once a month we transport garbage bags full of putrid smelling diapers into town (14 miles away) and illegally throw them into dumpsters behind gas stations. I refuse to travel abroad with the smell of poop and pee lingering in my vehicle!

Other items that we aren't able to burn and have to keep separated from the trash are aluminum items, glass, batteries, aerosol cans and FOOD! I am so sick and tired of having to scrape food into a "slop bucket" and then take it out to the garden and dump it!

The luxuries of a Trash Can!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

diapers will burn u just have to soak them in oil:-)

April 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home