Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today is a day that celebrates all of us Mother's. It's a day that reflects what we have become, and honors us for the precious lives that we have brought into this world.

I was never able to celebrate Mother's Day as a child, because I did not have a Mother. I was the child in school who didn't have the mom to make all of those little neat projects for. I didn't have the mom that went on field trips with me, or who came to school lunches, or who read me bed time stories. But...I did have the greatest GRANDMA! She tried so hard to be the mom that all little girls need, but it still wasn't the same. A Mother...a Mama...a Mom...or a Mommy is irreplaceable! I always felt like I was missing something. I am so thankful for my Grandma. She did an amazing job raising me. She provided for me emotionally, spiritually and financially. She cooked warm, delicious suppers. She even went on a few field trips with me. If it weren't for my Grandma...I wouldn't be the woman I am today...in fact, I'm not sure where I would be today. I miss you Grandma!

Now that I am a Mother, a Mama, a Mommy and a Mom...this day is very special for me. I have been blessed beyond imagination! I have 4 healthy, wonderful and incredibly beautiful children. I love them all more then I thought I could ever love. Its the most awesome kind of love. It is a bond that is unbreakable and a feeling that is unexplainable! I am in such a blissful state when each one of them hugs me, kisses me, says I love you Mama or just sits in my lap. Two of my favorite things to do as a mother is rock my children and read to them. I love looking into their innocent eyes, rubbing their backs, caressing their heads, kissing their cheeks, holding their hands and whispering sweet nothings into their ears...I just love them! I love it all!

My heart breaks for those Mother's who have lost their children. I wish that no mother would ever have to experience losing a child. It is just not fair. You all have a special place in my heart. You are extraordinarily strong woman. May God comfort you today.

I wish each and every Mother a very Happy Mother's Day. May God enrich your lives.

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home