Friday, May 14, 2010

GED Testing

2 down and 3 to go...that's if I passed the 2 I took today. I believe that I did well on my Reading test; however, I do not feel as confident about the Social Studies test. I did really well on the Social Studies pre-test, but for some reason the official seemed a lot HARDER! I must say I am very proud of myself for finally deciding to continue my education and do whatever it takes to better myself. I am 31 years old and I have put this off for the last 13 years. I have made no more excuses. I will admit I felt very "out of place" in the presence of my peers. I felt embarrassed.

With my years of experience in the "work force," I do not feel that having a GED made me any less capable of getting my work done and being a responsible employee. I do feel that it lessened my chances of being promoted and it held me back from continuing my education in order to advance my skills. I am learning to not have any regrets, I just wish that I had finished High School. I have many
reasons why I didn't and each and everyone of them are justifiable. I now need to move forward and forget what I didn't do, and concentrate on the things that I am doing! I am excited to get my test results back.

"Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead."

To Be Continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wine...Love...Happiness said...

Hold on I missed this one! You finally went for it! Good for you Melis...keep me posted, I'm very proud of you for taking that step. XOXOX

May 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home