Sunday, September 26, 2010

Double Ear Infection

I took Madalynn to the Emergency Room tonight because for the last 2 days she has been abnormally cranky. She is typically a well natured little girl who rarely complains about anything! Last night she woke me up out of a dead sleep at 9:30 crying and was inconsolable. I could tell SOMETHING was hurting her, but I had no idea what since she had no symptoms! I ended up putting her in bed with me because she was so miserable. She woke up crying every 20 minutes. She was very restless all night. Today she was still cranky and whiny throughout the day and had very little appetite. I gave her a bath and she whined the entire time, which is so unusual for her. Typically she loves her bath! I finally decided to call the Pediatrician and the nurse advised me that it sounded like maybe an ear infection because nothing was calming her. She figured that it couldn't be teething because the Tylenol
and Ibuprofen should have helped with that. She said that the doctor wouldn't be able to fit her in until 2pm. Forget that!! I'm not going through another night like the last! I decided that she needed to be seen tonight. I am so happy I did. She was running a low grade fever (99.5) and her ears were infected, with the right being more so. So now she's been prescribed antibiotics and pain relieving ear drops. So far she's been asleep for 2 hours! Hope we get some restful sleep now and hope she feels so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home